- The team of Radio ROM (RadioOrganisation Miedernach asbl) for donations (money and a bottle of quality Gewürztraminer wine) and moral support for Thomas, including multiple Christmas cards (real paper, and all!) from Luxembourg;-)
The "other" mpg123
Many people might encounter another program under the name mpg123 on their system, which behaves similary, but not exactly the same. Or people might just be curious about mpg321 being a typing error: No, it is not (mpg132 is the usual typo;-). Back when mpg123 was under a somewhat non-Free license, mpg321 has been created as a replacement under GPL license, providing most of mpg123's external behaviour, for users and frontends.
The project went dormant about the same time mpg123 did, but also, like mpg123, it has been revived years later. Of course I'd rather see people use mpg123, but hey, what's life without competition? ;-) So, if you are so inclined, check it out at the mpg321 website.
Patches and ports for different operating systems
- BeOS(on BeBits)
Misc. patches for mpg123
Misc. programs and modules based on mpg123
- Peter Samuel's stuff with mpgui ncurses frontend for mpg123
- Cueplay, a frontend to mpg123 (among others) that focuses on playback with cue sheets
- musikCube 2
- MPlayer, the famous open source media player, using a modified mpglib (which has been a source of improvements to mainline mpg123, too)
- MODO, a music player for the Sony PSP that, among others, uses libmpg123.
- pm123, an OS/2 audio player
- in_mpg123 plugin for winamp
- Xine - a Unix Video Player
- ALSA Player
- mpesch3 audio toolsfeatures the mpglib.dll and 1by1 player
- StupidPlayer for RISC OS
Car player and mobile/standalone or similar projects
(all dead... search?)
- mpMan. Build your own MP3 Player
- Moof - a single floppy mp3 player
- Network Multimedia System
mpg123 in various directories
- Of course our Sourceforge project
- Not to forget the freshmeat page
- Heise Software Verzeichnis
- ...and of course the Wikipedia, also in the german Wikipedia.
MPEG audio resources
- Dist10: Encoder (and decoder) demonstration packages (with source!)
- LAME .. 'some' patches for the dist10 package
- Fraunhofer/Thomson licensing
Misc audio links
Mostly old stuff:
- sajber jukebox. (Broken Link?)
- Tk3Play. A front end for mpg123. http://www.msc.cornell.edu/~bef2/
- MPP for NextStep
- curses-based frontend for mpg123, No.1
- Cmp3, curses-based frontend for mpg123
- kmp3, ncurses front-end for mpg123
- MP3 Mixer
- GUI frontend for the GNOME desktop project
- Front-end written in Python
- mp3 mixing
- GQmpeg, or a fixed version of GQmpeg, working with newer mpg123.
- TKRio, Tcl/Tk GUI for Rio Program
- SmartGui for mpg123
- Moe Music
- mp3playlist. A ncurses-based MP3 player
- MP3 Shell Number 1
- MP3 Shell Number 2
- Emacs Frontend No.1
- Emacs Frontend No.2: EMP
- GrMP3 GTK-based frontend for controlling mpg123 with Hauppauge Remote.
- Apollo Player
- mp3sh - a commandline-driven player based on Readline library.
- PLWarlock, a text based frontend